Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Little Peek

If you looked closely at the very ugly front of my house you would get a hint of what is the next project.


Here's a little closer look....

Nothing?


What about now?!

I'M GETTING A PORCH!!

I am so excited!  I can just imagine relaxing on it on a beautiful summer day. A gentle breeze blowing.

*sigh*

For now though, there is much to do!  We stripped off the railing around the porch and the steps.


Once the railings were off, the posts and headers went up.  The boy even got in on the act since he found out there was alot of ladder work.  What is it with boys and ladders?


The rafters were scissored onto the existing ones.


Then  the decking.  Have I impressed you with my construction knowledge and terminology yet?  Well....don't be toooo impressed.  In real life I still call stuff thingamajigs.  I call it endearing.  My husband just rolls his eyes.

At this point the neighbors were hoping we were done.

Nuh huh....

I guess you will have to wait though to see what else is next.

MUAAAAH!!

2 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

That is so exciting!!! We had a nice porch at our old house and I miss it A LOT!! But now we have a SMALL deck and a nice patio out back. SOMEDAY I would like to cover the patio. It will probably never happen:):) Thanks so much for putting me on your blogroll and for following me!!! XO, Pinky

TexWisGirl said...

yay for a porch! :)